History

Home » History
storia_header_04
1934
1960
1965
1970
1971
2000
2010
1934

Louis Milesi, said Bigio, apre la sua prima pasticceria in Piazza Marconi. This immediately became famous for its pastries, The "torta tre like", the soft "polenta birds", the "kiss of Giopì" and the special "cookies San Pellegrino".

1960

The Pastry moves Via Papa Giovanni and the place becomes a meeting point for the whole valley. Her biscuits, increasingly popular, spread throughout the, beyond the province.

1965

Bigio, official representative of the mask Bergamo, wins the "Golden Mask" for "Gioppino" in a contest in Treviso. In today's pastry can admire the beautiful gioppini, carved into the wood at the end of the nineteenth century by unknown authors. These masks, who were and are the treasures of the Bigio, life is given throughout the year in the adjacent square, in stagings of plays derived from the old and traditional tea towels.

1970

The activity is carried on by his son and his family Beppi. Is acquired is a hotel and extended the range of products and services. The complex has a beautiful garden and a dining hall in the early twentieth century. The hotel is given the name "Grey" in memory of a man who, with his nobility was able to represent the essence and character of the people of the Bergamo.

1971

Gray was awarded "Knight of Merit and Order" by the President of the Republic.

2000

The structure is renewed without betraying the tradition of the family and of the earth; rather, proposing values ​​and traditional products with new services and novel ideas. L’albergo, the restaurant, the café, la pasticceria, offering a mix of tradition and innovation, due to the sensitivity and vitality of the younger generation of the family Milesi.

2010

He was born the Ballroom